Monday 9 July 2012

Croissant shopping in St Trop

August in St Tropez is a bit of a nightmare after 9am, there is no where to park and the whole town turns into one traffic jam. There is a genuine reason that people use boats to get around the coast.
We venture into town a couple of times a week, very early to buy croissants and basic supplies and check out the huge gin palaces moored in the harbour. I need a couple of more conservative outfits for the early morning, I don't want to be mistaken for doing the walk of shame in anything that smacks of sequins or Herve Leger.
The white dress is from M & S and the silk one from Jigsaw, it reminds me of a French teacher c. 1980, and for that reason I find it charming, even though it doesn't really suit my body shape at all.







6 comments:

  1. I love both dresses...the white one is gorgeous! Beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very kind, although I was thinking that I can see horizontal stripes don't really do any favours, it's amazing how much more you actually think about what you are wearing when you take pics, it's quite a revelation!

      Delete
  2. Very St. Trop. I agree with the parking it is hell. I take the bus in to the Market at this time of year. It is getting v crowded already so we are going back to London this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't mastered the bus service yet, it could be a challenge for this year. I once tried walking from St Tropez town to Ramatuelle beaches (at midday in 40 degrees!) never again.

      Delete
  3. Oh it must be crazy busy then, we've only ever been in June when it was fairly quiet, I do love it, it's such fun and I still think it can be quite quaint in the backstreets. Both dresses are perfect for an early morning saunter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to top or tail our trip with June or September, to experience it all in a slightly more normal way, but work schedules just don't allow at the moment. Do you have any more trips planned for this sodden Summer?

      Delete

If you leave a comment thank you so much, it means a lot.